Hello, Im Patrick. I'm a software developer living in Foshan, China. I used to live in Vancouver, Canada for 12 years. Welcome to my personal blog for projects I've created, articles I've written, and anything else I want to show to the world.
You can contact me via:
- I lived in Vancouver B.C, Canada for 12 years (2001-2013)
- 2014: I was working in a Fortune 500 company, Midea. I hated it. I decided to pick up my childhood passion, programming. I did not know what to do and how I should start. So I asked random Chinese programming online to teach me coding. Most people rejected me even though I offer them money.
- 2013: I moved back to where I was from (Foshan, China), and started a new life.
- From 2009 to 2012, I produced some electronic music tracks, but my music career never succeed and I decided to move on. Here are some of my tracks: https://soundcloud.com/patrick_zhong
- I was fooling around during 2004 to 2008. I failed almost all courses in my first year of college but got A+ from a C++ course.
- 2002 – 2004: I played in multiple bands with friends as a guitarist and keyboard player. I wrote some songs, but nothing took off.
- 2001: I built a dancing game on a Mac computer, and got A+ from my computer science class at Cambie Highschool.
- 2001: I moved to Vancouver, Canada from Foshan, China.
- I built my first website in 1999 with FrontPage, and the second one with Dreamweaver.
- In 2000, I used Visual Basic to create a simple web browser that requires little memory and computation resource. It helps people to browse the net without Windows 95/98's blue screen problem (it was very common). The app won 1st place in a software development competition hosted by my high school.
- I was deeply addicted to Counter-Strike in 2000. I hacked into a game server (Windows NT) and destroyed the hard drive with some virus. I was too young and in-matured.